Merifield Acres Landowners’ Association (MALA) collects minimal information required for establishment of member website accounts and member directories. The data collected is as follows:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Username (must be unique)
- Email (must be unique)
- Phone Number(s) (Not required but may be needed for initial account verification)
- Property address (either street address or Unit and Section number)*
- Whether or not you wish to be listed in the MALA Directory and included in MALA’s distribution email list used for the newsletter and important communications to members. The checkbox is by default checked. If you do not want to be included in these lists, you must uncheck this box at the time you register. If you go back into your profile and uncheck it later, we will not be notified of the change, and nothing will happen. If you later change your mind, you will need to submit a request via the Contact Us page.
- There is a setting in your profile page that allows your information to be shared in a directory of other MALA members who are subscribed on this website. It is by default checked. If you do not wish your information to be shared, go to the privacy tab on your profile page and uncheck the option to share your information with other members. The effect of either checking or unchecking this option is immediate.
- The registration form asks for other non-mandatory information that you may wish to share with others.
Other than as mentioned above, MALA will not share your information with anyone else or sell it to any advertisers. Be aware that the hard copy MALA directory will be sent to any resident who requests it, and it is periodically sent to all members who are on the email distribution list. If you have any questions or need more information, please use the Contact Us page on this website.
*Lots with houses will have street addresses; unimproved lots may not have been assigned street numbers.