Board Meeting, 2-9-2016

Merifield Acres Landowners' Association
Board of Directors’ Meeting Minutes
February 9, 2016

The meeting was Called to Order at 7:00 PM.

Attendees: BoD Members: Rick Baldwin, Butch Cheatham, Chris Crouse, Carolyn Ferguson, Mike Gupton, Annie Hensley, John Stinson, Scott Jeffrey, Susan Warren, Paul Starzynski, Emily Howie, David Hammer, Kent Galvin. Committee Members: Andy Ferguson, Kevin Hensley.

Guests: Hal Norman, Sambo Lewis, Mike Chandler.

Treasurer's Report: - Chair Annie Hensley reported the Bank of America checking account has $88,515.81, the Merrill Edge investment account has $142,759.57, and also provided the latest P&L statement. A motion was made, seconded and passed without dissent to accept the report.

Old Business

Approval of Minutes from the Annual Meeting on December 8, 2015 (posted on www.MerifieldAcres.org) was passed without dissent after a motion that was seconded.

Appearance and Beautification

Chair Chip Overton was not present. There has been positive feedback from MALA members regarding the appearance of the front entrance and the Christmas decorations. Litter continues to be a problem in Merifield.

Architectural Committee Report

Chair Kevin Hensley reported that there were two requests submitted which were reviewed and approved: 1. Attached garage, plus an addition and a deck on Merifield Drive, 2. Detached garage, plus an addition and a porch on Goat Island Court.

Aviation

Chair FJ Hale was not present but did provide a report.

Common Areas and Facilities

Chair Alan Weyman reported that there are some trees at Oak Park that need to be removed and also at the end of the runway. The Corps of Engineers will mark them and they will be taken down accordingly.

Deer Control

Chair Scott Diamond was not present and did not provide a report.

Roads and Maintenance

Chair Mike Gupton had nothing to report.

Security

Chair David Hammer had nothing to report.

Welcoming / Email

Chair Cindy Meadows was not present and did not provide a report.

Directory

Acting Chair Nola Adler was not present.

Website

Chair Susan Warren reported that she met with Hal Norman to get started on getting the website current and in good standing. They will meet again this month when Hal is in town to complete the action of getting the website current.

New Business

President Butch Cheatham suggested that we add two additional committee chairs to the Board, which are as follows: Parliamentarian – Scott Jeffrey, Historian – Emily Howie. A motion was made, seconded and passed without dissent to accept the additional committee Chairs.

A request for a sign at Hollyfield Road reading “Dead End – No Turn Around” was approved unanimously. Sambo Lewis volunteered to purchase and install the sign.

There was a complaint that we need to clear out the ditch on Merifield Drive across from Oak Park to prevent road damage. Rick Baldwin volunteered to take care of it with his Bobcat.

The contents of the aviation report led to a lengthy discussion, which was tabled until all parties could be present.

Adjournment was at 8:10 PM.